Welcome to my Blog

Hmm you'll say...yet another food blog! And I'll beg to differ, although I must say my recipes are not hi-funda, and sometimes the pictures do not do justice to them (I'm working on that) but you'll find them extremely easy to cook, hassle free and down right delicious.
So if you are a newbie in the kitchen department or has not ventured into the kitchen for some strange reason (like me)...then you have come to the right place.

Happy Cooking!

On My Table Runner

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Quick Fried Prawns with Spices


Click to enlarge image

Ah finally a recipe to bring me back to blogging. I had been cooking of course but nothing spectacular and worth blogging. Plus I was just being lazy and enjoying the Olympics' season and on top of that the hot weather was also a reason for not staying in the kitchen for long!

I had bookmarked this recipe too long. Its taste is a complete surprise and the flavor will leave you licking it up and wanting more. Full of zest and down right delicious one dish meal!

This one is for you Kate...for pulling me back to blogging, time and again ;)


Ingredients:
1 lb shrimps, cooked and deveined
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp mustard seeds
4 green cardamom pods, crushed
4 tbs cup ghee or butter
1/2 cup coconut milk
2-3 tbs cilantro, chopped
salt and black pepper powder as needed

Method:

Wash the prawns under cold running water and pat dry, add ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, turmeric, mustard seeds, and cardamom seeds in a bowl. Add the prawns and toss to coat them completely with the mixture.

Heat a wok until hot, add the ghee or butter and swirl it around until foaming. Add the spiced prawns and stir-fry for about 2 min's until they start turning pink.

Stir in the coconut milk and simmer for about 3-4 min's till the prawns are cooked through and oil seperates.

Season to taste with salt and black pepper powder. Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back to blogging! Th prawns look juicy and mouth watering dear.

Lubna said...

Yeah Mona...the taste was surprisingly great, do try and let me know!