Welcome to my Blog

Hmm you'll say...yet another food blog! And I'll beg to differ, although I must say my recipes are not hi-funda, and sometimes the pictures do not do justice to them (I'm working on that) but you'll find them extremely easy to cook, hassle free and down right delicious.
So if you are a newbie in the kitchen department or has not ventured into the kitchen for some strange reason (like me)...then you have come to the right place.

Happy Cooking!

On My Table Runner

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Mint and Cilantro Chutney

Click to enlarge image

This refreshing chutney is perfect for serving with south indian dishes or even samosas. The sweet blend of tamarind and sugar gives a whole new taste to it. Another addition in the chutney is that of yogurt, which the recipe says is optional, but I strongly suggest you add it coz it brings out the taste in it.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup mint leaves
1 cup cilantro leaves
1 green chilli
1tbs tamarind puree
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp sugar
3 tbs thick plain yogurt(optional)


Method:
Wash the mint and cilantro leaves. Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor, or chop everything finely. Taste the chutney and add more salt if necessary. Finally stir in the yogurt for a milder creamier taste.

No comments: