Welcome to my Blog

Hmm you'll say...yet another food blog! And I'll beg to differ, although I must say my recipes are not hi-funda, and sometimes the pictures do not do justice to them (I'm working on that) but you'll find them extremely easy to cook, hassle free and down right delicious.
So if you are a newbie in the kitchen department or has not ventured into the kitchen for some strange reason (like me)...then you have come to the right place.

Happy Cooking!

On My Table Runner

Friday, September 28, 2007

Scrambled Egg Curry

Click to enlarge image

Well another recipe from my Mom...the main ingredients are onions and eggs, you'd say that's what I put in Khagina, but nay, taste this and you'll have to change your opinion.

Ingredients:
1 tsp oil
4 eggs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
3-4 average onions
2 cups water
1 green chilli
1/3 cup milk
2 tbs lemon juice
handful of cilantro sprigs, chopped

Method:
In a small bowl take the milk, add some salt to taste and 1/4 tsp ginger garlic paste. Whisk the eggs and add cilantro.

Heat an omlette pan and scramble the eggs little by little. Keep aside.

In a seperate pan, heat oil and add onions, as the onions begin to brown add ginger garlic paste, salt, turmeric and red chilli powder.

Finally add water and green chillies and shut the lid..let it all cook on a medium flame. Keep checking to avoid sticking on the bottom.

As the onions start to leave oil, add the scrambled eggs and also the lemon juice. Stir well to mix in all the ingredients. Serve with plain rice.

No comments: