Welcome to my Blog

Hmm you'll say...yet another food blog! And I'll beg to differ, although I must say my recipes are not hi-funda, and sometimes the pictures do not do justice to them (I'm working on that) but you'll find them extremely easy to cook, hassle free and down right delicious.
So if you are a newbie in the kitchen department or has not ventured into the kitchen for some strange reason (like me)...then you have come to the right place.

Happy Cooking!

On My Table Runner

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Peanut Chutney

Click to enlarge image

Another winner...goes wonderfully with khichi and qeema, papad, achaar. YUM! A perfect hyderabadi nashta!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup tamarind paste
1 cup roasted peanuts
2/3 tsp red chilli powder
a pinch of turmeric powder
1 tsp salt
1 green chilli, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup water
Cilantro sprigs to garnish


Method:
Grind the roasted peanuts to a fine powder.

Boil tamarind and extract the juice.

Dice the onions and chop it finely.

Keep all the above inredients aside seperately.

In a bowl take the roasted ground peanuts and add salt, ginger garlic paste, turmeric, red chilli powder and green chilli. Mix all the ingredients and make sure there are no lumps.

Add the onions and tamarind juice. Mix it in properly. Finally stir in some water and add the cilantro sprigs.

2 comments:

Amna said...

Truly Hyderabadi nashta, love the pics and your style of writing

Lubna said...

Thanks for liking my style of writing and pictures Amna.
I've been to your blog too and will be trying your Dum Ka Gosht soon.
Regards,
Lubna.