Welcome to my Blog

Hmm you'll say...yet another food blog! And I'll beg to differ, although I must say my recipes are not hi-funda, and sometimes the pictures do not do justice to them (I'm working on that) but you'll find them extremely easy to cook, hassle free and down right delicious.
So if you are a newbie in the kitchen department or has not ventured into the kitchen for some strange reason (like me)...then you have come to the right place.

Happy Cooking!

On My Table Runner

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Chicken Jalfrezi


Click to enlarge image

A Jalfrezi is a stir-fried which has onions, ginger and garlic in a rich pepper sauce.


Ingredients:
11/2 lb chicken breast portions
1 tbs oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 onion, finely chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped ( I used an orange bell pepper)
1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 ginger root, finely chopped
1 tbs Madras curry paste
1 tsp chillil powder
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp salt
14 oz canned tomatoes (I used 3 fresh tomatoes)
a few sprigs of cilantro for garnishing



Method:
Skin the chicken and remove any visible fat and cut into 1 in cubes.

Heat the oil in a karahi and fry the cumin seeds, when they begin to splutter add the onion, peppers, ginger and garlic. Fry for 10 min's.

Add the curry paste and fry for 3 min's. Stir in the chilli powder, ground coriander, cumin and salt and splash a little water and fry further for 2 min's.


Add the chicken cubes and mix in well with the ingredients, finally add the tomatoes and some cilantro. Cover the karahi and cook for 15 min's or until the chicken is tender. Garnish with the leftover cilantro. Serve with hot rice.

No comments: