Welcome to my Blog

Hmm you'll say...yet another food blog! And I'll beg to differ, although I must say my recipes are not hi-funda, and sometimes the pictures do not do justice to them (I'm working on that) but you'll find them extremely easy to cook, hassle free and down right delicious.
So if you are a newbie in the kitchen department or has not ventured into the kitchen for some strange reason (like me)...then you have come to the right place.

Happy Cooking!

On My Table Runner

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Red Bean Curry

Click to enlarge image

This is another quickie recipe I make when I'm out for the day or when I'm feeling too tired to cook, I like the ready to use beans as they take less time.
Another thing about the beans and tomato combo is that you can make it with a lot of variations, like using fresh tomatoes, to cherry tomatoes to even canned tomatoes with jalapeno peppers.

Ingredients:
4-5 tomatoes, or 1 lb cherry tomatoes
15 oz canned kidney beans
2 tsb oil
1 onion, sliced
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 green chilli, slit and deseeded
Cilantro for garnishing

Method:
Rinse the kidney beans under cold tap water and drain.

In a deep pan heat oil and slip in the onions, as they start to turn slightly brown add the ginger garlic paste and fry further, add turmeric powder and salt.

As the onions start to turn a golden brown add red chilli powder and immediately slide the tomatoes and green chilli.

Simmer a while and as the oil starts to seperate at the corners add the kidney beans. Add 1/4 cup water and shut the lid.


Check to see if the beans are tender enough, stir in the cilantro and serve with roghani naan.

No comments: