Welcome to my Blog

Hmm you'll say...yet another food blog! And I'll beg to differ, although I must say my recipes are not hi-funda, and sometimes the pictures do not do justice to them (I'm working on that) but you'll find them extremely easy to cook, hassle free and down right delicious.
So if you are a newbie in the kitchen department or has not ventured into the kitchen for some strange reason (like me)...then you have come to the right place.

Happy Cooking!

On My Table Runner

Friday, June 15, 2007

Fried Bhindi (Okra)

Click to enlarge image

Another breakfast number my mom used to prepare...

Ingredients:
1 lb Bhindi/Okra
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 1/2 onions, chopped
1 green chilli, slit

Spices all mixed up:


Method:
Chop onions finely and heat oil. Add them along with the okra and green chilli to the oil and keep stirring. As the onions and okra start to brown slightly, add ginger-garlic paste.

Slowly put the rest of the spices except red chilli powder, which needs to be added just before you remove it from fire.

Stir in all the spices well and serve hot with parathas or naan.


No comments: