Welcome to my Blog

Hmm you'll say...yet another food blog! And I'll beg to differ, although I must say my recipes are not hi-funda, and sometimes the pictures do not do justice to them (I'm working on that) but you'll find them extremely easy to cook, hassle free and down right delicious.
So if you are a newbie in the kitchen department or has not ventured into the kitchen for some strange reason (like me)...then you have come to the right place.

Happy Cooking!

On My Table Runner

Friday, July 20, 2007

Cantaloupe Dessert

Click to enlarge image

There are a lot of fruits come summer in the grocery stores and the most ideal and also my favorites are Cantaloupes. Here goes the recipe.

Ingredients:
1 cantaloupe, cut in 1 in cubes
2-3 cups Half and Half or whole milk
sugar to taste

Method:
Boil the milk and let it cool, refrigerate for an hour.

Cantaloupes sitting in the sugar syrup

Scoop out the seeds and cut the cantaloupes in a bowl and sprinkle sugar, mix in well. You can avoid putting the sugar, but since I have a sweet tooth...I prefer them with it. Also because cantaloupes are not very sweet, the sugar gives them the added flavor.


In a serving bowl, take cantaloupes and splash in desired milk. Serve cold.

No comments: