Welcome to my Blog

Hmm you'll say...yet another food blog! And I'll beg to differ, although I must say my recipes are not hi-funda, and sometimes the pictures do not do justice to them (I'm working on that) but you'll find them extremely easy to cook, hassle free and down right delicious.
So if you are a newbie in the kitchen department or has not ventured into the kitchen for some strange reason (like me)...then you have come to the right place.

Happy Cooking!

On My Table Runner

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Achar Gosht and Fried Potatoes

Click to enlarge image

I first had it at my sis-in-law's place and wanted to try it out on my own, despite the fact that I'm not much of a Shan Masala fan. But I guess this recipe turned out good and very spicy. Also I just put a hint of the masala and not the entire packet as the instructions suggested.

The one I had at my sis-in-law's place was very spicy, I guess she emptied the whole packet...considering the fact that she is expecting and wanted it as spicy as possible!


Ingredients:
2 lb lamb shanks
1 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
10 green chillies, slit
3-4 tbs lemon juice
6 medium tomatoes
2 1/2 cups yogurt
1 1/2 cup oil
Shan Masala powder for seasoning
A few cilantro sprigs

Method:
Heat oil and add the meat, ginger garlic paste and fry for a few min's.

Add yogurt, tomatoes and 1 1/2 cups of water and cook on low heat till meat is tender.

Add green chillies and lemon juice and let it simmer till oil seperates from the meat. Season with Shan Masala and cilantro sprigs.


Serve hot with Afghani naan and fried potatoes.

FRIED POTATOES


Ingredients:
1 lb potatoes
2 tbs oil
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2/3 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp salt

Method:
Chop potatoes in medium sized cubes. Heat oil and toss the potatoes, fry them.

As they begin to turm mushy, add ginger garlic paste and turmeric, along with chopped green chillies.

After a while add salt and finally as the potatoes begin to brown add the red chilli powder and garnish with cilantro.

No comments: