Welcome to my Blog

Hmm you'll say...yet another food blog! And I'll beg to differ, although I must say my recipes are not hi-funda, and sometimes the pictures do not do justice to them (I'm working on that) but you'll find them extremely easy to cook, hassle free and down right delicious.
So if you are a newbie in the kitchen department or has not ventured into the kitchen for some strange reason (like me)...then you have come to the right place.

Happy Cooking!

On My Table Runner

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Fried Brinjal in Sour Cream

Click to enlarge image

This recipe was inspired by Saffron Hut's Blog.


I call it Fried Brinjal in Sour Cream, but anyway you call it, it will remain delicious and absolutely creamy.

It's also similar to the one my Mom makes. She calls it Dahi ki Kadi...and instead of the brinjals and sour cream, she puts onion pakodas and yogurt. Both of them taste almost the same.

I made a few changes in the original recipe...like using regular eggplants instead of japanese eggplant. Also I upped the amount of brinjals and sour cream, since I wanted a bit of gravy.

Thanks Saffron, my hubby loved this recipe!

No comments: